Being a part of the social media is kind of like being in a relationship: The community is about communication, engagement, value and trust. But when it comes to social media marketing, you might ask yourself “where the heck do I begin?” Don’t worry – a ePublishers publicist can help you find your niche among millions of active users. We’ll assist and educate you so you can kick your online marketing efforts into high-gear.
The Social Media Publicist is a six-week campaign that provides you with a dedicated publicist who focuses on Twitter, Facebook, social media outreach and blogging. The ePublishers marketing team takes a “do, coach, guide” approach: We establish your platform across the top social media websites, then we help you develop and hone your presence over time.
How can you use social media to your e-book marketing advantage?
Unless you live under a rock, we bet it’s no surprise that the adoption of social media has been phenomenal – and it’s still rapidly growing in popularity. Your grandma, parents, boss and maybe even your dog probably all have a Facebook profile. And, that’s just one social media outlet. A social media campaign can help you in various ways:
- Improve SEO – SEO, or Search Engine Optimizaton, makes it easier for people to find you and your book online.
- Connect to your readers – By giving a behind-the-scenes look, your readers really get to see your writing skills and personality shine through.
- Engage in more informal conversations online - Fans and potential readers want to see that you’re actually human and feel connected.
- Learn more about your readers – Sure, you probably don’t care what everyone had for dinner, but by discovering readers’ likes and dislikes, you might come up with some new marketing ideas that they’ll enjoy.
- Establish yourself as an expert – No matter if you’re a pro at golf or know every line of Star Wars, people will know that you’re the king (or queen) in your field, which increases your chances of landing an interview.
- Inform readers about updates on events and news – If you don’t tell people about your events, you can’t expect them to show up. And posting news will boost your credibility and keep the momentum going – use one success to leap to the next.
- Reach a wider audience – Facebook has 901 million monthly active users at the end of March of 2012, and Twitter has 465 million accounts since Feb. of 2012…enough said.
- Keep up with the competition – Marketing trends show that authors need to be online!
The Social Media Publicist campaign will help you launch your social media presence by providing the following services:
- Personal Social Media Publicist: You will be assigned a social media publicist who will work with you throughout the six-week campaign, as well as a project manager who will coordinate communications.
- Author Education: We will provide an overview on your campaign, explaining what you should expect and why we’re focusing on specific social media topics.
- Identification of a Target Audience: You will collaborate to create a message platform for your identified target audience.
- Development of an Editorial Calendar: Your publicist will develop an editorial calendar outlining the following: topics for blogs; Facebook and Twitter outreach goals; and additional social media websites relevant to your book’s topic, experience and expertise.
- Online-Copy Assistance: Once your plan of action is established, your publicist will assist in writing, editing and proofing your blog posts.
- Weekly Guidance: You will receive weekly guidance and consultation to establish direction and leverage engagement with fans, followers and relevant dialogue.
- Reporting: Each week you will receive reports that measure your social media presence. Your publicist will use the information to determine the effectiveness of your campaign, tweaking follow-up steps where necessary. After your six-week campaign ends, you will receive a final report outlining the social media activity for the entire campaign.
Sign up for a Social Media Publicist today and kick your e-book marketing efforts into high gear.